Other's Stories

This is an index page for the stories of others that I happen across on this journey. Stories that uplift me, or I learn from, or those I ju...

This is an index page for the stories of others that I happen across on this journey. Stories that uplift me, or I learn from, or those I just found interesting and enjoyed reading.

Maybe others will enjoy them as much as I.

xita's Story When I was diagnosed my A1c was 10.4 I finally had another test and my new A1c is 5.1 I am so happy I needed to tell someone... When I started this journey nearly 8 months ago I weighed 256 pounds. I am now 193.

Jennifer's Story Eight years ago today I was diagnosed with T2 diabetes. I was very afraid...

Good Advice, Bad Advice - Nicky's Experience My doctor is adamant that I shouldn't test, and that I should base my diet on whole grains. OTOH, I have an A1c of 5.5% ...

LuckyKat My name is Kathy and I am both a horror story and a diabetic survivor.Let me start with my family history. My mother was a Type 1.5 diabetic. My Father is a type 2 diabetic. My brother is a type 2 diabetic. Me --I am a type 2

Turning Points My story.

Inspiration nanna2six' story. When I was diagnosed in April 2008, I wasn't sure where to start. I went in for my annual exam, on a Friday, on the following Tuesday the nurse called and said I needed to repeat my glucose test because it was a "little high". I said how high? She said 289.

Lisa's Story My story begins like most of us: hearing that my fasting blood glucose (BG) reading put me over the “limit.” No prediabetes, do not pass go, go directly to full-on diabetes. No “get out of jail free” card for me. This had been on my radar for quite some time. Oddly, it still took me by surprise. 

George's Story Hi. I am George_M. What follows is my story, and why I feel so lucky to have diabetes.

Tammy's Story I will never forget that morning. It was Tuesday, May 29th, 2013 and was two days before my 42nd birthday. My doctor called to tell me I had diabetes and I needed to see my endocrinologist right away. My A1C was 10.7 and this could not wait. My heart was racing, and I really don't remember driving home. I cried all the way home in a complete state of panic. My name is Tammy and I am a registered nurse, having spent most of my career working in ICU.

Related

stories 252104417200075017

Follow Us

Hot in week

Recent

Comments

Blog Archive

Connect Us

item