Wine and Serendipity

I added a PS to my entry on Red, Red Wine today. Sometimes things have totally unforeseen side benefits:-) I also have CLL, a type of leuk...

I added a PS to my entry on Red, Red Wine today. Sometimes things have totally unforeseen side benefits:-)

I also have CLL, a type of leukemia. Nothing to do with diabetes. But, after I made the changes I mention in this blog, something odd happened. Purely serendipity according to my haemotologists, and maybe it will change tomorrow and Damocles Sword will drop. My CLL numbers improved as my diet and fitness changed and as my diabetes numbers improved.

I became aware of this report today: http://www.physorg.com/news96550822.html
“Antioxidant found in many foods and red wine is potent and selective killer of leukemia cells
A naturally occurring compound found in many fruits and vegetables as well as red wine, selectively kills leukemia cells in culture while showing no discernible toxicity against healthy cells, according to a study by researchers at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.”
I believe that this is the original study:
http://www.jbc.org/cgi/reprint/M610616200v2
CYANIDIN-3-RUTINOSIDE, A NATURAL POLYPHENOL ANTIOXIDANT, SELECTIVELY KILLS LEUKEMIC CELLS BY INDUCTION OF OXIDATIVE STRESS
“These results indicate that cyanidin-3-rutinoside have the promising potential to be used in leukemia therapy with the advantages of being wildly available and being selective against tumors.”

Not just wine, also vegetables. Just serendipity - but the haemotologists tell me to keep doing what I'm doing.

Cheers, Alan

Related

Way of Eating 7333642624637925621

Follow Us

Hot in week

Recent

Comments

Blog Archive

Connect Us

item